Ashley N. Cloud (’09)

I am a native of Katy, Texas, a 2005 graduate of Katy High School and a 2009 Graduate of the University of Houston School of Liberal Arts. I am also the Founder and CEO of The Cloud Law Firm.

I was chosen as a Top 10 Finalist out of 4,500 applicants for the Barclay’s Small Business Big Wins Contest with a grand prize of $60,000.

Below is the press release about this award:

Howard Graduate and Houston Native Named Finalist in Barclays’ ‘Small Business Big Wins’ Promotion to Support Small Business Owners

The Cloud Law Firm is one of 10 finalists vying for the $60,000 grand prize, encouraging public to vote for their business beginning April 8

New York, New York (April 8, 2024) – The Cloud Law Firm, a virtual law firm founded by Ashley Cloud, Houston, Texas native and graduate of Howard University, has been named a finalist in Barclays US Consumer Bank’s “Small Business Big Wins” promotion with $255,000 in prize money to be distributed among small business owners who submitted a brief essay describing how their business is adjusting to the current economy. Members of the public are encouraged to vote for The Cloud Law Firm to help them win the $60,000 grand prize.

The Cloud Law Firm edged out more than 4,500 entrants to make it to the final 10!
Ashley founded The Cloud Law Firm to empower disruptors and visionaries who build generational wealth through innovation and creativity. We protect and leverage our clients’ empires by providing quality and accessible legal counsel in startup strategy, brand and content protection, contracts, and general counsel. You can follow Ashley on Instagram and TikTok @yourfashionattorney and check out her website at www.thecloudlawfirm.com.

Quote from Ashley Cloud:
“I’ve known since I was a teenager that I wanted to have my own law firm. The journey to get here has been full of twists and turns and ups and downs. I’ve wanted to give up more times than I care to admit. Growing up in a family with entrepreneurs, I knew what I was signing up for, and I understand how important it is to lean on your community for support. After all, it takes a village. It would mean the world to me if you’d support me as I work to keep my business afloat and hopefully take it to the next level. Please vote for me every day during the Small Business, Big Wins contest!! THANK YOU!!”

From April 8 through April 19, the public will have a chance to review the stories of the top-10 finalists and vote for their favorite small business at BarclaysSmallBizBigWins.com.
The total prize breakdown for the top 10 includes:
• One Grand Prize of $60,000
• One 2nd Place Prize of $40,000
• One 3rd Place Prize of $20,000
• Seven Runner-Up Prizes of $5,000 each

The announcement of contest winners for the top 10 will take place during the week of May 1 to coincide with National Small Business Week. In addition to the top-10 prize fund, all businesses outside of the top 10 that submitted qualifying entries were entered in a random drawing to win one of 50 $2,000 sweepstakes prizes.

“Over the past four years we have heard countless inspiring stories of resilience and perseverance from small businesses across the country,” said Angelo Disperati, Director of US Branded and Business Cards, Barclays US Consumer Bank. “As we’ve seen from previous winners, the most impressive stories are from businesses that have made good corporate citizenship a key element of their business model. Winning businesses view giving back to the community as the right thing to do and one of the most important ingredients to success. We encourage people to vote for their favorite entry today!”

For more information and to vote for the finalists, visit BarclaysSmallBizBigWins.com. For more information on Barclays’ business card offerings, visit BarclaysUS.com/Business.

About Barclays US Consumer Bank
Barclays US Consumer Bank is a leading co-branded credit card issuer and financial services partner in the United States that creates highly customized programs to drive customer loyalty and engagement for some of the country’s most successful travel, entertainment, retail, and affinity institutions. The bank offers co-branded, small business, and private label credit cards, installment loans, online savings accounts, and CDs. For more information, please visit www.BarclaysUS.com.
Today, many businesses utilize Barclays business credit cards and benefit from the reward dollars spent on business needs. For more information on Barclays’ business card offerings, visit Barclays.com/Business

Submission Rules…

By submitting a class note, you agree:

• All Class Notes are visible to the general public. Do not submit anything you wish to keep private.
  • The University of Houston reserves the right to edit all submissions.
  • No Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation is permitted.
  • Unauthorized copyrighted material will be deleted.

Learn More